7.09.2010

Self Healthy Food Awards

Self Magazine, came out with their healthy foods list in their July 2010 issue. Here are just some of the ones they picked and I have had and have my own opinion of!

Snack Food:
1. Herr's Whole Grain Pretzel Sticks
110 calories, 1 gram of fat per 7 sticks, these are horrible tasting at all, but for some reason when I eat these I get a headache, so I don't eat them that often.
2. Edy's Slow Churned Double Fudge Brownie
12o calories, 4 grams of fat per 1/2 cup, this ice cream is really good, and a lot of the Edy's flavors have this amount of calories in them, and are good, just look in your grocery store.

Breakfast Foods:
1. Friendship Cottage Cheese, Low fat 1%
90 calories, 1 gram of fat per 1/2 cup, this is a good cottage cheese, I can't eat cottage cheese plain though, so I'll add some fruit that I'm able to eat or some apple butter to it to flavor it up at a bit.
2. Thomas Hearty Grain 100% Whole Wheat Muffin
120 calories, 1 gram of fat per muffin, these are great tasting. Chris isn't a fan of whole wheat but he loves these.

Dinner:
1. Alexia Olive Oil , Parmesan and Garlic Oven Fries
120 calories, 3.5 grams of fat per 3 ounces, these are really flavorful and good. Pretty reasonable price as well.
2. Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Rotini180 calories, 2 grams of fat per 2 ounces, we only use whole wheat pasta now in our house, it's really good, but you do need to cook it a bit longer then regular pasta.


You can find the complete list on Self's website, located here:
2010 Healthy Foods


No comments: