8.08.2011

Happy Birthday Kiley!

Grab your tissues, you may need them, I did like 10,000 billion times writing and watching this!

Happy Birthday Kiley! I can't believe you are one today! Wait, I just wrote that you are one? So weird. How fast did that go? When I first went into labor with you I never imagined after waiting 9 months, Daddy and I would have to wait another 38 hours to meet you! Everything was well worth the wait though! I remember waiting for that first cry, it's the only thing I wanted to hear at the moment you were being born, and as soon as I heard it, tears fell down my face. It was the most amazing feeling ever! We fell in love with you at that moment, and we never knew how much we could love you. We've loved watching you become the little toddler you are. The first time I held you, you were so tiny, all 5 pounds of you. Tinier then a baby doll. You fit perfectly in my arms and Daddy's arms. Now that you are one, you are still a tiny peanut, but you are Kiley, and if anyone has spent time with you, they know what I mean.

You are a bubbly, little dainty girl. Totally a girl, with your toes painted and all. You are so smart and exploitative. Let me tell you a story, before you were born I had a great job, a really rewarding job, a job I wasn't sure I wasn't ready to leave, but nothing would ever change that now today. I knew in my heart I needed and wanted to spend everyday of your first year with you and watching you grow.

In this short first year, you've taught Daddy and I a lot! We learned you really do never wake a sleeping baby, we learned that poop has a way of making it out of the diaper, we learned that babies know how to unswaddle them self, we learned that a routine at night time is the best to help you sleep through the night! You helped us become parents. we only learned because you guided us through the process of becoming a good parent. Seeing all your first, first roll, first crawl, first smile, first cruise around the coffee table, first everything you have done have been amazing and a joy to watch. You might think we are crazy, but we are just super excited when you do something new.

This year probably has been the most challenging of my life, most sleepless and most rewarding because of you. Being a mother or a parent in general is probably the most selfless thing I've ever done. In the beginning I wished there was a fast forward button to get through the newborn stage, and now I wish there was a rewind button to get those days back. Soon enough you'll be sick of me kissing you all the time, hugging and snuggling you, taking a billion pictures of you, calling you cute names and putting silly bows in your hair!

I could write all day to you Miss. Kiley but nothing I write will ever show your love, your cuteness, your sweetness and everything that is Kiley. Daddy and I are so incredibly blessed to be your parents. You've changed our live in a way we couldn't of ever imagined.

We are so proud of all you've learned in your first year of life. We can't wait to see you grow throughout your childhood and see the little lady you will become


Love you Kiley!


No comments: