8.23.2010

2 Weeks PP(Post Partum)

I can't believe the little peanut is 2 weeks old already! Even though I'm still getting used to my major lack of sleep, we are enjoying having Kiley in our lives. The past two weeks, she's become so much more alert! When she is feeding she will stare into your eyes and follow your eyes. Her reflexes are great! We had her 2 week pediatric appointment and she gained weight. She now is 6 pounds 5 ounces! She loves to eat! She has been doing some major cluster feeding from about 4-9 every night. I heard this gets better =).

She sleeps good, I guess for a newborn! She has been doing about 3 hours, waking up for an hour or so, then sleeping a few more, and waking up again. We've been trying different things with her to have her sleep more, but we found it just messes up the schedule we've started with her. The other night we tried to give her formula, and it just made her a mess at night and the whole next day, so I'm going back to EBF(exclusive breast feeding). I also started pumping once, sometimes twice a day, so I have a reserve in the freezer for Kiley.

I'm doing pretty good, though getting used to the lack of sleep! I still have some pain from my incising, but nothing horrible. I stopped taking the pain medicine the second day I was home, because I felt it was making it more crazy and tired! I'm down 25.5 pounds already. I only have 8.5 pounds left till I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I can't wait to start exercising and running again. I take a daily walk with Kiley and the pug now, but I can't wait to get back into my routine. I've tried using my moby wrap with Kiley, but she isn't a fan of it yet =)

Chris has been an awesome help as well with Kiley. Because he is working, I don't make him get up during the week at nights with her. He does get up with her on the weekends during the night. He is awesome at finding ways to make her less grumpy during her cluster feeding hours. He's a great daddy =)

Puggie is adjusting ok with having Kiley. It will take some time, just because she's been our baby for the past 8 years. We include her in everything we are doing, making sure she is sitting with us on the couch, bed or wherever we are. We also let her smell Kiley and check her out. I've noticed when other people then Chris and I are holding Kiley, Puggie will sit right by them, like she's watching them. If Kiley is in her swing, and crying Puggie will go over and sniff her.

I'll update with some pictures soon!

No comments: