Kiley's Here!

Kiley Ann was born on August 8, 2010 at 11:52 am!

If you are interested in reading this long post, this is her birth story:

I was in labor for a total of 38 hours. 30 of them natural, 8 with an epidural. I ended up getting c-section. On Friday, August 6th, Chris and I went out for my birthday dinner in the city at Davio's, which was awesome, all the waiters kept saying I was going to go into labor after we left. Chris and I even joked about it, because we didn't think it would happen. , I felt totally fine, we got home walked the dog and as we were coming back from the walk, I felt a small gush of water, so went home, changed and called the dr. She told us that I needed to come in to check to see if it was my water that did break, as I was going back upstairs to get my bag, etc., I felt another leak.

So we packed our stuff and left. Once we got here I was sent straight to L&D and didn't have to wait in the ER , which was nice. Once upstairs, got changed and the doctor checked me to see if my bag was still attached. She couldn't tell so she did an AFI check with the ultrasound, I had really no fluid left, just 2 cm, so she kind of thought my water did break. After that she checked to see if I was dilated, and wasn't at all, cervix was totally closed. So she said I had to stay and gave me cytotec to start to soften my cervix, I got that 3 times, got checked every 6 hours, first two times, it didn't do anything, last check it was softened. It did cause contractions though. So after the 3rd dose, they started me on pitocin. They would check every so often and I never dilated past 1 1/2 cm, over the night on Saturday around 1:30 am I started to get really bad back labor pains on top of the contractions, I tried to breathe through them, but knew I wasn't going to get any sleep so I decided to just get the epidural, at this point anyway I kind of figured I was on path to get a c-section. So after 30 hours going naturally, I decided I was done and got the epi, which was awesome. I was able to sleep from about 3-8, of course was woken up every 20 minutes to be checked on and put on oxygen because the pit was affecting Kiley's heart rate. It kept dropping then going up. So around 10:45 is the nurse turned the pit off and I knew at that point, I was headed to the OR. Especially because she told Chris not to go far for breakfast and bring it back to eat. My doctor said he was coming back in to see if I dilated at all, but he never did, the next time he came in, Chris was about to shower and he said nope, no time, your headed for a c-section.

It was so crazy, because I was out of the L&D room, and in the OR and had a baby with in about 50 minutes. I was shaking uncontrollably because I was so nervous and from the extra dose of epidural they gave me. I didn't feel anything but a lot of pressure from the c-section.

They told us that she weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces,when she was born, but they somehow made a mistake and her birth weight was 5 pound 15 ounces.

It was long but every minute was def. worth in the end! Chris was an awesome daddy during the whole process and keep me occupied during the hard parts of labor. We played uno numerous times and other games to pass the time.

We are all enjoying Kiley!

No comments: