9.22.2010

Things I wish I'd known

Before having a baby:

  • No need to bring makeup with you to the hospital, who cares what you look like before and after giving birth and I didn't really care!!! I will admit though I had my mom bring my hair dryer so I could dry my hair!
  • I never thought a little squirt bottle would be so refreshing when you can't shower.
  • I was really worried about having a C-section, but they really aren't that bad and the recovery(at least for me) wasn't bad at all. I was terrified when they told me I was going to have c-section.
  • It's ok to cry, let it out if you need too!
  • You aren't going to get any rest in the hospital, the doctor and nurses come in at all hours of the day and night!
  • Take everything home that is extra from this hospital, don't be afraid, they won't think you are stealing!
  • Don't be embarrassed to breastfeed, it's perfectly normal and it's easy to cover up while you have visitors!
I'm sure I'll update this as I think of more!!!

No comments: