2.26.2009

So Sore!

Jillian Michael's is one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser. Before the wedding, one of her work out videos called The Shred, became really popular on The Knot, and I think just about all of us bought a copy! It says you can lose 20lbs in 30 days. While I'm not sure of the exact weight if any I lost from The Shred, I did notice more toning and shaping. The Shred is a 3 level program, you are suppose to do each level for 10 days, the first few times it's hard and it hurts the next day! Well fast forward to now and the other day on demand I saw Jillian's two new videos, the first one I've only done so far this week is called "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism".


I have to agree with Ashley, that this is hard. I loved it though, much more then the shred. You do 7 sets of different exercises 2 times each. It's also an hour long where the shed is only 20 minutes. I liked the boost metabolism one better, because it was more like taking a fitness/aerobics class at the gym. There is a lot of cardio at this and you don't use weights like you do in the shred. Jillian challenges you to use your body weight instead of weights, and honestly my arms feel like I've used weights when I really didn't. She mixes in some kick boxing moves in this and there is some jumping. Like any work out you can make it your own if you can't keep up with what they are doing or you just need a small break. I plan on using these in my work out regimen. I will probably use this one on days I don't run, and then use "No More Trouble Zones" on days I do run. Stay tuned for a review on trouble zones!

No comments: