- Apples will stay crisp in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. If you have limited space in a crisper drawer, store in an open cardboard box in a cool place like your garage or basement.
- Apple picking season is generally from the beginning of September through the first week in November. Find an orchard near you at pickyourown.org.
- Look for the most bright colored apples with a firm, crisp skin.
- To pick an apple, palm it in your hand and pull upward. Twisting and yanking might disturb neighboring apples because them to fall and bruise.
- Apples release a gas called ethylene that speeds their ripening. If the produce is to tart for your taste, let the fruit sit on the counter in a brown paper bag for a couple of days, allowing it to sweeten and mellow.
- Pick fruit from the outer, most sun-kissed sections of the tree. The shadier area close to trunk ripens later.
Here is another easy at home workout that uses basic moves. I did use 4 pound dumbbells with each exercise and of course don’t forget to warm up and stretc...