9.20.2009

Self Healthy Food Awards 2009

Recently, Self Magazine held their 2009 Self Healthy Food Awards, you can see all the winners on their website, but here are just a few that won and I have eaten:

Best Treats & Sweets:
1. Best Potato Chip- Kettle Brand Baked Potato Chips
120 Calories, 3 grams of fat.These are really good, they don't even taste like a "light" chip, I love the crunchy-ness that these chips have.

2. Best Granola Bar:
Kashi TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut
120 calories, 3.5 grams of fat
I haven't had this particular kind, but I've had the peanut butter Kashi bar and I honestly wasn't a fan, it was too dry for me. I like fiber one or special-k bars a lot better.

3. Best Cookie:
Pepperidge Farm Soft Baked Oatmeal
140 calories, 5 grams of fat, per cookie
These are SO good. My only problem with this, is while they are huge, it's very hard to not eat more then one.

4. Best Jam:
Polaner All Fruit
40 calories, 0 grams of fat, per tablespoonI've tried all of the different flavors polaner has of jams and they are great. They are all tasty and also work well if you are using them to bake.

5. Best Pasta:
Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Rotini
180 calories, 2 grams of fat, per 2 ounces

We use all of the brands of the healthy harvest pasta and they are good. You do need to cook them a few minutes longer then a regular pasta, but I definitely recommend trying this pasta.


6. Best Ice Cream:
Edy's Light Slow Churned Neapolitan
100 calories, 3 grams of fat, per 1/2 cup
We also have had a lot of the flavors of this ice cream, and we also like the Edy's yogurt blends ice cream.

Again you can see the whole list of winners here:
Self Healthy Food Awards

No comments: