6.30.2011

Do it Anyway Day 3/100

Wow, if there could be any chapter in a book written totally about me, for me, this would be IT!

This chapter starts off with:

I don't feel like exercising today!
Do you push your self to exercise? Some days, yes, some days, no. What happens when we don't feel like eating healthy, cooking from scratch every night to make sure we get the ingredients that are healthiest for us? If you aren't careful how true is it to fall off(did she hit the nail on the head or what?!?)

You don't usually wait to go to work till you feel like it, do you? Nope, typically when I smell a dirty diaper it's time to change it. Because it's important, we do them however we feel at that moment.
You don't have to feel like working on your plan to stick with your program. Learn to focus your attention, not your feelings. If you aren't in the mood to exercise or eat healthy, tell your self to get up an DO it! If you are TRULY committed to your plan, you'll get up and MOVE. Take small steps each day when you don't feel like it.

Here are some examples of people who are interested in losing weight and those who are committed:
Interested:
  • Stick with it till something better comes along.
  • Take action only if they feel like doing it.
  • Need to see results in order to stay motivated.
  • Blame people or circumstances for their struggles.
  • Easily give up when a challenge if faced.
Committed:
  • Stick with plans no matter what.
  • Take action when they feel like doing it or not.
  • Assuse that if they stay motivated, results will follow
  • Take responsibility for their own actions
  • Keep going in spite of challenges and setbacks
So today assignment is:
1. In your diet or exercise plan, identify a task you don't feel like doing and do it anyway-Last night for dinner the husband was working super late, and I almost didn't cook dinner and was going to have something(didn't decide) takeout, but instead I cooked a home made healthy mac and cheese for dinner!
2. Notice how it feels to accomplish a goal by taking a "no matter what" approach-It felt good to cook something that I knew was healthy and was in my calorie count.
3.In your notebook make a list of actions you plan to stick with today, regardless of how you feel at the moment.-Make sure I drink ALL of the water I should be drinking everyday. We are traveling today, so my biggest action is to make sure I'm satisfied so I'm not snacking on snacks mindlessly.

No comments: