6.28.2011

I Used To Be That Way-Day 1/100

Day 1 basically says that you are afraid to do this challenge, because you are afraid you will get off track once again. The most important line in this chapter was:

Your past does NOT determine your future
!

Starting today, get rid of ALL your previous failures. When those past failures start to come back, say to your self:
" I used to be that way, but now I'm different"

So today's assignment:
  • Make a list of any fears or negative behaviors that have hurt your weight-loss success in the past. Read each one out loud, and then say, "I used to be that way, but now I'm different."
  • Then write new endings for them by completing this sentence: I used to _______(fill in your old behavior) but now I ___________(write in new ending).
  • Read these new outcomes often, and then live in a way that makes them true.

My fears/negative behaviors:
  1. Falling off track for a day and letting it continue for days or weeks.
  2. Eating something that I know I shouldn't of eaten so much or at all.
  3. Eating because I was bored.
New endings:
  1. I used to fall off track for a day without exercising or eating right but now I know if I get off track one day it's easy to get one the next or the same day.
  2. I used to eat more of something but now I will keep track of my calories so I'm aware of how much is going into my mouth.
  3. I used to eat because I was bored, but now I drink a glass of water first before choosing a healthy snack.

Feel free to leave your fears or negative behaviors and your new endings in my comments!

No comments: