3.24.2011

Be A Better Spouse Day 10

Challenge #10: Let them [your spouse] parent

This might be the most challenging assignment yet.

Okay, who am I kidding? These are all hard. But this one is really tough for me.( I couldn't agree more with Kristen)

Like most of us, I learned how to parent by trial and error, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to have someone tell me I was doing something wrong all the time.

I never have a problem leaving Kiley with Chris while I go out(when I get that chance =0) But as soon as I hear her crying while he's trying to get her down for a nap, or any other time I come running. When I do it as well as Kristen said I know I shouldn't have done it and should of just let him figure out it, because he can do it! He's an awesome Daddy to Kiley!

On the flip side, this does take a lot of communication on both your parts so that both of you are aware of your discipline methods, schedules, rewards, and consequences. But it's so important for your partner/spouse/husband to be able to parent on his own.


No comments: