3.16.2011

Be A Better Spouse Day 5

qChallenge #5: What's your best mode of communication?

Take a few minutes and figure out what works best for you - phone calls, emails, or maybe you're good at regular old conversation. Once you determine what's best, use it to your advantage.

When it comes to fights (particularly if you've done it in front of the kids), I think it's important to apologize in front of the kids. But if you feel more comfortable hashing it out via an email, why not?

And just because everyone thinks that you should be able to tell your husband about your day in person and not via a text, doesn't mean that it has to work for you. I get a much more attentive response when I text my husband a picture of the kids or a quick message"Guess what Margot did today" than if I try to do it in person.


No comments: